In its first important incarnation the Dalai Lama Institute for Higher Education, (DLIHE) came under the auspices of the prestigious University of Mysore in April 2013, under its statutes of Outreach under Specialized Programmes. Effective from 2013- 2014 academic session, the DLIHE study programmes were accredited by University of Mysore.
Then in 2017, DLIHE became an affiliated institute of Bangalore University. Under the auspices of Bangalore University, DLIHE began offering undergraduate programmes: Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Computer Applications, Bachelor of Business Administration, and Specialised programmes: Bachelor of Arts, and Master of Arts in Tibetan Language and Literature.
1. Courses offered under the University of Bangalore
2. Courses offered under the statute of specialized programmes and recognised by Bangalore University
- B.Arts in Tibetan Language and Literature
- M.Arts in Tibetan Language and Literature
- M.Arts in Tibetan History, and
- M.Arts in Buddhist Philosophy.
- The online admission portal is opened from the declaration of class 12 CBSE results. So, kindly fill the online Admission Application Form.
- Admission for UG will be based on merit i.e., Class 12 CBSE results. Admission for PG Tibetan Studies will be based on the scores obtained in the entrance exam and personal Interview.
- Eligible candidates must apply online. They need not submit any downloaded hard-copy of the Admission Application in person or by post.
Criteria for Admission
Eligibility for UG admission requires a 60% pass at CBSE Class 12 examination or at any other examination recognized as equivalent by Bangalore University.
Note: Online applications will not be accepted after 15th September. Kindly apply early to avoid late fee of ₹200 after 15th August. A tentative list of provisionally selected candidates will be posted on the DLIHE website in the third week of August.
Department of Arts: Total BA seats: 300
- BA– History, Economics, Political Science – 60 seats
- BA – History, English, Psychology – 60 seats
- BA – Political Science, Economics, Geography – 60 seats
- BA – Political Science, English, Journalism – 60 seats
- BA – Political Science, English, Geography – 60 seats
Department of Commerce & Management: Total Seats: 120
- BBA– Bachelor of Business Administration: 60 seats
- B. Com: Bachelor of Commerce: 60 seats
Department of Computer Application : 60 seats
Department of Tibetan language –
- BA in Tibetan: – 60 seats
- MA in Tibetan: – 40 seats
- M.A in Tibetan Language: – 10 seats
- M.A in Tibetan Literature: – 10 seats
- M.A in Tibetan History: – 10 seats
- M.A in Buddhist Philosophy: 10 seats
Admission details and Application Form for Tibetan Studies: Click on the Link to follow
Important information for “Selected Candidates”
A tentative list of selected candidates will be posted on the DLIHE website in the third week of August 2020. Final selection will depend on the declaration of CBSE Class 12 results.
Selected candidates will be asked to report to the Institute on September 3, 2020. (n.b. subject to change due to the Covid situation).
Original documents (listed below must be submitted to DLIHE at that time.
- Class X Pass Certificate
- Class XII Mark Sheet
- Class XII Migration Certificate
- Scholarship form (TCV scholarship holders)
- Health Certificate
- Two PP Stamp Size
- Transfer Certificate
- Hostel admission will be given only after the admission process is completed at the Admission office.
- Fees should be paid on the day of the admission. Fee-paying students must pay the first installment of Rs. 50,000/- (Fifty Thousand only) which is inclusive of Mess and Hostel facilities. The payment can be made via bank transfer or demand draft in favour of The Dalai Lama Institute for Higher Education at the time of admission. For bank details, contact Account’s office – 7337741274
For further queries, please contact our office by phone or email
Email: [email protected]
For further information on BA & MA Tibetan courses, please contact HoDs
- Gyen Chogyal Tashi at 9108886317 &
- Geshe Lobsang Gyaltsen at 9980189994