In April, 2013, the Institute was recognized by the University of Mysore under its statutes of “Outreach” and “Specialized” Programmes. The University of Mysore has long been recognized as an institution with high standards of academic quality. With effective from the academic session 2013-2014, the programmes of study offered at The Dalai Lama Institute for Higher Education are endorsed by the University of Mysore, making the Institute competitive with the finest in the world.
1. Courses offered under the Statue of “Outreach” Programmes
2. Courses offered under the Statute of “Specialized” Programmes
To be considered for admission
- A candidate with aggregate 60% and above at the +2 CBSE board or equivalent exams are welcome to apply for all conventional courses.
- A candidate opting for BA Honours in Tibetan Language and Literature must have an aggregate of 60% minimum and also 60% or above in Tibetan at the plus 2 Board exam
- A candidate opting for B.C.A. should have 60% aggregate in +2 Science or Commerce and fulfill the following eligibility criteria.
Note: This eligibility criteria is extracted from: UNIVERSITY OF MYSORE PROPOSED REVISED SYLLABI, REGULATIONS & SCHEME OF STUDY OR BCA 2013-2014 (Eligibility for Admission (for BCA only): Those candidates who have successfully completed +2 or PU or equivalent with Mathematics/Computer Science/Business Mathematics/Accountancy OR 3 years Diploma after SSLC/10thClass with Computer Science Engineering/Information Science Engineering or equivalent.)
Eligibility for admission to specialized programmes
- A candidate whose age is above 17 years is eligible to apply. A candidate who has completed +2 or equivalent with aggregate 60% and minimum of 60% in Tibetan and Chinese Language can apply for admission to BA Honours in Tibetan / Chinese. Other candidates from alternative education systems ( E.g. monastic education) will be given admission provided the candidate sit for the entrance examination conducted by the institute and successfully obtain the minimum required 60%. The intake shall be as approved by the university from time to time.
- Those Tibetan candidates sitting for the Entrance Examination need to bring the following documents:
a) Introductory letter from the Institute Head
b) Attested copy of RC and Green book.
c) Any other supporting documents from an academic institute.
The applications should be completed by candidates and delivered (or sent by post-via e-mail attachments) to arrive by May 15, 2017. The application form can be downloaded from the institute website www.dalailamainstitute.edu.in. Applications received after the due date will have to pay the late fee. Admission is based on merit. There are 50 seats each for B.COM and BCA departments and 120 seats for BA department. The New Academic Session will begin from July 1st, 2017.
The application packet must contain:
1. +2 marks card attested by the School Principal (within 7 days of result publication online)
2. Transfer Certificate attested by the School Principal
3. Character Certificate attested by the School Principal
4. Photocopies of updated RC and Green Book
Important information for “Selected Candidates”
- List of selected candidates after declaration of CBSE exams will be posted on our website on June 1, 2017.
- Selected candidates must report to the office of the Principal on Friday 30th June 2017. Anyone who reports after these dates will be required to pay a late fine of Rs. 200/- per day.
- Hostel admission will be given only after the admission process is completed at Principal’s office.
- Selected candidates must submit the following documents in original at the time of reporting to DLIHE:
- Class X Pass Certificate
- Class XII Mark Sheet
- Class XII Migration Certificate
- Scholarship form (TCV scholarship holders)
- Stamp size Photos – 12 in number
- Fee paying students must pay their first instalment at the time of admission.
For additional information, prospective students are requested to call secretary and Programme Coordinator.
Go to the application form
Read this post in: Tibetan