In April, 2013, the Institute was recognized by the University of Mysore under its statutes of “Outreach” and “Specialized” Programmes. The University of Mysore has long been recognized as an institution with high standards of academic quality. With effective from the academic session 2013-2014, the programmes of study offered at The Dalai Lama Institute for Higher Education are endorsed by the University of Mysore, making the Institute competitive with the finest in the world.
The Dalai Lama Institute is also affiliated to Bangalore University from 2018 onward. With effect from the Academic Session 2018 -2019 the Regular Programmes ( B.A, B.Com, BBA and BCA ) at The Dalai Lama Institute are under the Bangalore University.
1. Courses offered under the University of Bangalore
- Bachelor of Arts (BA)
- Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA)
- Bachelor of Commerce (BCom)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
2. Courses offered under the Statute of “Specialized” Programmes the University of Mysore
To be considered for admission
- A candidate with aggregate 60% and above at the +2 CBSE board or equivalent exams are welcome to apply for all conventional courses.
- A candidate opting for BA Honours in Tibetan Language and Literature must have an aggregate of 60% minimum and also 60% or above in Tibetan at the plus 2 Board exam
Eligibility for admission to specialized programmes
- A candidate whose age is above 17 years is eligible to apply. A candidate who has completed +2 or equivalent with aggregate 60% and minimum of 60% in Tibetan and Chinese Language can apply for admission to BA Honours in Tibetan / Chinese. Other candidates from alternative education systems ( E.g. monastic education) will be given admission provided the candidate sit for the entrance examination conducted by the institute and successfully obtain the minimum required 60%. The intake shall be as approved by the university from time to time.
- Those Tibetan candidates sitting for the Entrance Examination need to bring the following documents:
- Introductory letter from the Institute Head
- Attested copy of RC and Green book
- Any other supporting documents from an academic institute.
Application for Admission is OPEN effective from April, 2018.
- The Admission process will start after the declaration of CBSE Board Examinations results. A candidate must fill the Admission Form to process his/her admission. There are 60 seats for B.COM, 60 seats for B.B.A, 60 seats for BCA and 300 seats for BA . BA Honours in Tibetan & BA Hours in Chinese – 50 seats each
The Admission packet must contain:
- Class X mark sheet
- Transfer Certificate
- Character Certificate
- Green Book ( Copy of first & last page) for Tibetan
- RC/Visa (Copy of first and last page) for Tibetan
- Class XII-mark sheet
- PP Photo ( 4.5 X 3.5 cm)
Important information for “Selected Candidates”
- List of selected candidates will be posted on the Insitute website in the first week of June, 2018.
- Hostel admission will be given only after the admission process is completed at Principal’s office.
- Selected candidates must submit the following documents in original at the time of reporting to DLIHE:
- Class X Pass Certificate
- Class XII Mark Sheet
- Class XII Migration Certificate
- Scholarship form (TCV scholarship holders)
- Health Certificate
- Two PP Stamp Size
Fee paying students MUST pay first installment of Rs. 50,000/- (Fifty Thousand only) via bank transfer or demand draft in favor of The Dalai Lama Institute for Higher Education at the time of admission. For bank details, contact Account’s office. Ph: 9686205634
Admission by Entrance Examination (specialized programmes): If you do not have formal class XII pass certificate, admission is possible through Entrance Examination.
The official announcement for the Entrance Examination for candidates applying for B.A Honours in Tibetan and Chinese is posted in Bud Kyi Dubab – tibet times website along with details. This year there will be an Entrance Test in English too for candidates that do not have TC for Class VIII pass from a regular school system.
The HoDs, Specialized Program will check details for this examination process and accordingly implement the entire program as per details of announcement. Those SELECTED through Entrance Examination will then apply for admission by filling the Admission Form on-line.
For Further information regarding specialized Program Contact:
- HoD Tibetan Department: Gyen Chogyal Tashi la – 9108886317
- HoD Chinese Department: Gyen Dolkar Kyi la – 7019472100
For additional information, prospective students are requested to call secretary and Programme Coordinator.