In April, 2013, the Institute was recognized by the University of Mysore under its statutes of “Outreach” and “Specialized” Programmes. The University of Mysore has long been recognized as an institution with high standards of academic quality. With effective from the academic session 2013-2014, the programmes of study offered at The Dalai Lama Institute for Higher Education are endorsed by the University of Mysore, making the Institute competitive with the finest in the world.
The Dalai Lama Institute is affiliated to the Bangalore University from 2018 onward. With effect from the Academic Session 2018 -2019 the Regular Programmes ( B.A, B.Com, BBA and BCA ) at The Dalai Lama Institute are under the Bangalore University.
1. Courses offered under the University of Bangalore
- Bachelor of Arts (BA)
- Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA)
- Bachelor of Commerce (BCom)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
2. Courses offered under the Statute of “Specialized” Programmes the University of Mysore
3. Courses offered under the Statue of “Outreach” Programmes the University of Mysore
To be considered for admission
- A candidate with aggregate 60% and above at the +2 CBSE board or equivalent exams are welcome to apply for all conventional courses.
- A candidate opting for BA Honours in Tibetan Language and Literature must have an aggregate of 60% minimum and also 60% or above in Tibetan at the plus 2 Board exam
Eligibility for admission to specialized programmes
- A candidate whose age is above 17 years is eligible to apply. A candidate who has completed +2 or equivalent with aggregate 60% and minimum of 60% in Tibetan and Chinese Language can apply for admission to BA Honours in Tibetan / Chinese. Other candidates from alternative education systems ( E.g. monastic education) will be given admission provided the candidate sit for the entrance examination conducted by the institute and successfully obtain the minimum required 60%. The intake shall be as approved by the university from time to time.
- Those Tibetan candidates sitting for the Entrance Examination need to bring the following documents:
- Introductory letter from the Institute Head
- Attested copy of RC and Green book
- Any other supporting documents from an academic institute.
Admission is OPEN effective from April 15, 2018. Admission is based on merit and on application form.
- The on-line Application Form is available on the institute website. To be eligible for Admission kindly fill the Application form. The last day of application submission is May 20, 2018. Applications received after the due date will have to pay the late fee.
- Then within a week of declaration of CBSE Board Examinations results. Fill Admission Form
There are 120 seats each for B.COM, 60 seats for BCA departments and 300 seats for BA . The New Academic Session will begin from July 2nd, 2017.
The Admission packet must contain:
- Class X mark sheet
- Transfer Certificate
- Character Certificate
- Green Book ( Copy of first & last page) for Tibetan
- RC/Visa (Copy of first and last page) for Tibetan
- Class XII-mark sheet
- PP Photo ( 4.5 X 3.5 cm)
Important information for “Selected Candidates”
- List of selected candidates will be posted on our website on June 1, 2018.
- Selected candidates must report to the office of the Principal on Friday 29th June 2017. Anyone who reports after these dates will be required to pay a late fine of Rs. 200/- per day.
- Hostel admission will be given only after the admission process is completed at Principal’s office.
- Selected candidates must submit the following documents in original at the time of reporting to DLIHE:
- Class X Pass Certificate
- Class XII Mark Sheet
- Class XII Migration Certificate
- Scholarship form (TCV scholarship holders)
- Health Certificate
All fee paying students MUST pay first installment of Rs. 50,000/- (Fifty Thousand only) via bank transfer or demand draft in favor of The Dalai Lama Institute for Higher Education at the time of admission. For bank details, contact office.
Admission by Entrance Examination (specialized programmes): If you do not have formal class XII pass certificate, admission is possible through Entrance Examination.
The official announcement for the Entrance Examination for candidates applying for B.A Honours in Tibetan and Chinese will be posted in Bud Kyi Dubab – tibettimes website by March 15, 2018 along with details. This year there will be an Entrance Test in English too for candidates that do not have TC for Class VIII pass from a regular school system.
The HoDs, Specialized Program will check details for this examination process and accordingly implement the entire program as per details of announcement. Those SELECTED through Entrance Examination will then apply for admission by filling the Admission Form on-line
For additional information, prospective students are requested to call secretary and Programme Coordinator.