In its first important incarnation the Dalai Lama Institute for Higher Education, (DLIHE) came under the auspices of the prestigious University of Mysore in April 2013, under its statutes of Outreach under Specialized Programmes. Effective from 2013- 2014 academic session, the DLIHE study programmes were accredited by University of Mysore.
Then in 2017, DLIHE became an affiliated institute of Bangalore University. Under the auspices of Bangalore University, DLIHE began offering undergraduate programmes: Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Computer Applications, Bachelor of Business Administration, and Specialised programmes: Bachelor of Arts, and Master of Arts in Tibetan Language and Literature.
1. Courses offered under the University of Bangalore
- Bachelor of Arts (BA)
- Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA)
- Bachelor of Commerce (BCom)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
2. Courses offered under the statute of specialized programmes and recognised by Bangalore University
- B.Arts in Tibetan Language and Literature
- M.Arts in Tibetan Language and Literature
- M.Arts in Tibetan History, and
- M.Arts in Buddhist Philosophy.
- Online admission registration for both UG & PG admission is available from 8th June 2020 on the Institute website. Kindly fill the admission registration form online.
- Online application for admission will be made available from the declaration of class 12 CBSE results. So, kindly fill the online admission application once you get the results.
- Admission for UG will be based on merit i.e., Class 12 CBSE results. Admission for PG Tibetan Studies will be based on the scores obtained in the entrance exam and personal Interview.
- Eligible candidates must apply online. They need not submit any downloaded hard-copy of the Admission Application in person or by post.
Criteria for Admission
Eligibility for UG admission requires a 60% pass at CBSE Class 12 examination or at any other examination recognized as equivalent by Bangalore University.
Note: Online applications will not be accepted after 15th September. Kindly apply early to avoid late fee of ₹200 after 15th August. A tentative list of provisionally selected candidates will be posted on the DLIHE website in the third week of August.