Since 2013, the programmes of study offered at DLIHE are endorsed through the University of Mysore, making the Institute competitive with the finest in the world.
The Dalai Lama Institute for Higher Education (DLIHE) is an undertaking of the Tibetan Children’s Village (TCV) with its Head Office in Dharamsala, H.P. India. TCV is the oldest and the largest charitable educational organization for Tibetans, established in 1960, by His Holiness the Dalai Lama to cater to the welfare and education of orphaned and destitute Tibetan refugee children in India.
The DLIHE was inaugurated in 2008 with the aim of facilitating learning in both traditional and modern disciplines. Students graduating from schools around India would be able to pursue modern subjects of their choice, but also strengthen their proficiency in the Tibetan language, as well as increase their awareness of Tibetan culture.
Since 2018, DLIHE was recognized by and became an affiliated institute of Bangalore University. Under the auspices of Bangalore University, DLIHE began offering undergraduate programmes in Arts, Computer Applications, Commerce, and Business Administration, as well as Specialized Programmes (Tibetan Studies, as well as Tibetan Language, Literature, History and Buddhist Philosophy courses). The DLIHE also offers PhD in Tibetan Studies recognized by Bangalore University.
Mission of the DLIHE
The mission of the Dalai Lama Institute for Higher Education is to ensure that each student is a passionate, lifelong learner who practices Tibetan values and serves the community with utmost dedication and integrity.
The DLIHE offers the following programs at the Undergraduate and Postgraduate levels which are all recognized and affiliated under Bangalore University.
(Language of Instruction – English)
- Bachelor of Arts (BA)
- English Lit, Psychology
- English Lit, Journalism
- History, Psychology
- Journalism, Political Science
- History, Geography
- Political Science, Geography
- Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA)
- Bachelor of Commerce (BCom)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
(Language of Instruction – Tibetan)
- Ph.D in Tibetan Studies
- MA in Tibetan Language
- MA in Tibetan Literature
- MA in Tibetan History
- MA in Buddhist Philosophy
- BA in Tibetan Studies
ADDS ON COURSES OFFERED:
- Chinese Language Courses
- Certificate Course – Six months
- Diploma Course – One year
- Advance Level Diploma Course – One year
- Two Years English for Geshe
The DLIHE believes in holistic education and therefore provides a range of both academic and co-curricular activities that foster skill-based learning. These include:
- Inter & Intra Departmental Programs
- Cultural Exchange Programs
- Educational Tours
- Inter College Sports Meet
- Seminars, Conferences, & Workshops
- Various Clubs
SCHOLARSHIPS: Eligible candidates can avail scholarships.
For more information or queries related to admission write to us at [email protected] or contact:
- Mr. Tapsang, Ph: 7348989809 (Tibetan Studies)
- Ms. Tenzin Tsepak, Ph: 8894615309 (Bachelor of Arts)
- Mr. Dawa Norbu, Ph: 9742577467 (BBA & B.Com)
- Ms. Rinchen Tso, Ph: 7019714208 (BCA)
Criteria for Admission
Eligibility for all UG admission requires a 60% pass in CBSE Class 12 examinations or in any other examination recognized as equivalent by Bangalore University.
Fee-paying candidates (other than TCV wards) with an aggregate of 55% are also eligible for admission (if seats are available), based on a first-come-first- serve basis.
A student who has completed Class 12 in Commerce/Arts / Science is eligible for admission to any of our courses.
All admissions are subject to the approval of the Bangalore University.
Classes are expected to commence as per the schedule of Bangalore University.
For successful candidates, the original documents listed below must be submitted at the time of admission to DLIHE.
- Class X Mark Sheet
- Class XII Mark Sheet
- Class XII Migration Certificate
- Two Stamp-Size Passport Photos
- Transfer Certificate
- Aadhaar card
First complete the admission application form online, available at www.dalailamainstitute.edu.in
Admission for UG will be based on Class 12 CBSE results.
- Admission for various MA Tibetan courses under the Specialized Programmes will be based on the scores obtained in the entrance exam and an interview.
- The applications for the BA and MA Tibetan courses in Specialized Programmes were accepted in May-July 2022 and the entrance exam is due to be conducted in July 2022.
Admissions are conducted through the UUCMS portal of the Government of Karnataka. All new admission applicants are required to know the necessary procedures for applying on this portal.
Students need to have class 10 and 12 marks cards along with other previous education details, Aadhaar number, PUC registration number, scanned photo and student signature, and reservation quota details, along with supporting documents, when they come for admission.
For admission, students have to register in the Unified University & College Management System – UUCMS. Use the below for registration
Please click on the “Student” radio button in the Login screen and then click on the link “New Users? Register here”
After registration in the above step login to the student account using below and use the login credentials received in the first step for login.
Once you complete your registration with UUCMS, you will be able to apply online.
Select college Dalai Lama Institute for Higher Education and the program which you want to study offered by the college.
General Information on Admissions under UUCMS
A student has to register himself/herself on Unified University College Management System (UUCMS) on https://uucms.karnataka.gov.in
She/he has to enter personal details, category, quota, bank details, previous education details and set a password.
The system will generate a candidate ID.
The candidate can log in each time using this ID and password. She/he has to create a new application by choosing a programme in her/his chosen university. She/he can provide options for the college and discipline and enter priority for each option and submit the application form.
The application then reaches the colleges, where the uploaded documents are verified.
The college can follow its own admission criteria. The selected student will receive acceptance from one or more colleges to which she/he has applied. She/he can choose one and pay the fees.
Fee payment will be online using a payment gateway. If the payment is made offline, the challan will have to be uploaded.
When the college principal provides the final approval of the candidate’s admission, a student number is generated.
The principal can submit the candidature of all students to the university for approval. The student number thus approved will flow into the academic and examination modules.
Hostels for both boys and girls are available. Hostel admission will be given only after the admission process is completed at the Admission Office, DLIHE. Kindly contact the office for more details.
Department of Arts: Total BA seats: 300
- BA– History, Economics, Political Science – 60 seats
- BA – History, English, Psychology – 60 seats
- BA – Political Science, Economics, Geography – 60 seats
- BA – Political Science, English, Journalism – 60 seats
- BA – Political Science, English, Geography – 60 seats
Department of Commerce & Management: Total Seats: 120
- BBA– Bachelor of Business Administration: 60 seats
- B. Com: Bachelor of Commerce: 60 seats
Department of Computer Application : 60 seats
Department of Tibetan language –
- BA in Tibetan: – 60 seats
- MA in Tibetan: – 40 seats
- M.A in Tibetan Language: – 10 seats
- M.A in Tibetan Literature: – 10 seats
- M.A in Tibetan History: – 10 seats
- M.A in Buddhist Philosophy: 10 seats