Dr. Tenzin Ghegay, (Ph.D. Acharya, B.Ed., MLIS, BLIS)
TCV Executive Council appointed Dr. Tenzin Ghegay as the Interim Principal of the Dalai Lama Institute for Higher Education, Bangalore. The Interim Principal formally took the charge from former Principal Dr. B. Tsering on 18th January, till 30th June 2021. With reference to the kind guidance from Mr.Thupten Dorjee, Honourable President, TCV Head Office, Dr. Ghegay handed over the Principal’s charge to Prof Dr. Kaveri Gill through the virtual event on 30th June, 2021 with presence of the DLIHE MC and HoDs in attendance.
Dr.Ghegay is the Vice-Principal for Specialized Studies, and taking additional charge of Head Librarian of the Dalai Lama Institute for Higher Studies, Bangalore.
Tibetan Children Village’s Executive Council appointed Dr.Tenzin Ghegay, as the Vice Principal of the Specialized Studies Program at the Dalai Lama Institute for Higher Studies, Bangalore on December 16, 2019.
Dr.Ghegay joined the Institute, and began his responsibility as the Vice-Principal from February 2020. He simultaneously teaches the Tibetan Language, Literature and Modern Tibetan History papers of the Master program.
Before joining the Dalai Lama Institute, Dr. Ghegay was the In-Charge of the Tibetan Section, Shantarakshita Library, where he provided special services to the Professors, Assistant Professors, Researchers, Ph.D. scholars, students, and general outside researchers.
2018 Ph.D. in Tibetan Studies, Central Institute of Higher Tibetan Studies, Sarnath, (CIHTS), Varanasi, U.P. India
2010 Acharya- Master in Tibetan Studies of Indian and Tibetan Buddhist Philosophy, CIHTS, Varanasi, U.P. India
2015 Master of Library Science(MLIS) UPRTOU, U.P. India,2015
2012 BLIS (Bachelor of Library and Information Science) IGNOU
2008 Shastri (B.A) in Tibetan Studies, CIHTS, Varanasi, U.P. India
2005 Uttar Madhayama (Intermediate) in Tibetan Studies, CIHTS, Varanasi, U.P. India
2003 Purva Madhayama (High School) – in Tibetan Studies, CIHTS, Varanasi, U.P. India
National and International Level Conference Paper Presentations;
- Participated in the 6th Young Tibetan Research Scholars’ Conference from 9th to 12th November. Due to the Covid-19 Pandemic, held virtually throughout Blue jeans and live cast in Tibet Policy Institute’s Facebook,2020
- Participated and presented a paper in the 5th Young Tibetan Research Scholars’ Conference, 1-3 September, 2019, jointly organized by the Dalai Lama Institute for Higher Education, Bangalore, and TPI, Dharamsala, 2019
- Participated and presented a paper in the International Association of Tibetan Studies 15th seminar held in Paris, France, 2019. Contributed paper title; An analytical study on the Life and Legacy of Gyaton Drungpa Ngawang Tenkyong.
- Participated in the 11th International Convention of Asia Scholars, Leiden, Netherland, 2019 presented a presentation on Collection of Shantarakshita Library.
- Participated in <International Conference on Emerging Scenario in Indian Higher Education System: Issues and & Challenges> Laltra Singh Rajkiya Mahila P.G. College, Adalhat, District-Mirzapur, U.P. India. 22-23 September, 2018.
- Participated in 4th Young Tibetan Research Scholars’ Conference and Contributed a paper titled: Review on the PRC’s new division of Tibetan territory. Dharamsala, 21-24 August, 2018.
Publication and Conference Research Paper Presented:
- Authored History of Gyaton (mdo khams rgya ston lding dgu’i lo rgyus rig gnas) Dharamsala, India: Gyaton Dinggue Association, 2010
- Conference Research Paper: Review on the PRC’s new division of Tibetan territory
- Conference Research Paper: An Analytical Study on the Life and Legacy of Gyaton Drungpa Ngawang Tenkyong.
Edited and other published dharma books:
- Edited and published Lama Mipham’s Madhyamika commentary (dbu ma ‘jug pa’i ‘grel ba zla ba’i zhal lung). Varanasi, India, Nyingmapa Students’ Welfare Committee, CIHTS, 2007
- Edited and published nges shes rin po che’i sgron me’i tshig gi don gsal ba’i ‘grel chung blo gros snang ba’i sgo ‘byed. Varanasi, India, Nyingmapa Students’ Welfare Committee, CIHTS, 2007
- Mipham mkhas ‘jug, (Gate Way to Knowledge) Nyingmapa Students’ Welfare Committee, CIHTS, 2007
- Edited Commentary of Twenty – One Taras, sgron ma’i bstod rgyud phyag ‘tshal nyer cig ma’i tshig ‘grel. Varanasi, India: Tibetan Youth Association, 2008
- Edited Bo Gsal Choe la ‘jug pair ago (Dharma book for general readers). Varanasi, India: Tibetan Youth Association, 2008
- 2006 Assistant Editor of Rig-Lab Periodical Journal
- 2007 Assistant Editor of Peace Magazine
- 2000 Editor, Dhangma, Students’Magazine
He had taught Tibetan Language & Literature course and Tibetan History subject at the Central Institute of Higher Tibetan studies, Centre for Teacher Education (CTE) and other institution as follows:
2020-Present: Assistant Professor in Tibetan Studies, Since, 2020- teaching, Classical Tibetan Language & Literature and Tibetan History in the Specialized Studies, Master Course.
2019-2019: Guest Lecturer at Centre for Teacher’s Education; Taught Tibetan History, Classical Tibetan language and literature to B.A, B.Ed. 2nd year, and B.Ed. 1st year for one semester.
2018-2019: (July to January): Lecturer; Taught the Classical Tibetan language and literature to the under graduate students at the same Institute for one semester.
2017-2018: Assistant Professor in the department of Centre for Teacher’s Education in Central Institute of Higher Tibetan Studies, CIHTS, Taught Classical Tibetan language & literature, and the Tibetan History to the B.Ed. and B.A, B.Ed. Graduate level teacher training program.
2016-2017: Lecturer; Taught Classical Tibetan language and literature to the graduate (Shastri) Fine Arts class for one academic session, CIHTS
2014-2016: Guest Lecturer; Taught Classical Tibetan language to the foreign students and English to the adult monks at Sarnath International Nyingma Institute and in 2019.
2008-2008: Teacher and Editor: Taught Tibetan and English languages to the monks at Nyindrak Drodulling for six months and edited the collected works of Terchen Nyima Dakpa in 2008 in Nepal.
Honors and Awards:
- Sikyong Award, Ph.D. from Department of Education Central Tibetan Administration, Dharamsala, India,2018
- Best Boy, TCV Patlikul-2000, awarded by Tibetan Education Department, Central Tibetan Administration, Dharamsala, India, 2000
- Awarded Millennium Tibetan Debate, Second Place, Inter School Literary Championship, 2000.
2018 – Chief Research Assistant and Coordinator for Yidzin Norbu Kagyur Karchag Project, Sarnath International Nyingma Institute, Sarnath, Varanasi, U.P.
2011- 2020 Library staff /In-Charge of Tibetan Manuscript Section, Shantarakshita Library CIHTS, Sarnath, Varanasi.
2008- 2011 Secretary to the Dean of Students, CIHTS, Sarnath, Varanasi.
SOCIAL SERVICE EXPERIENCE;
2005-2007 President of Tibetan Youth Association, Varanasi, C/O CIHTS
2006-2007 Secretary of Nyingma Students Welfare Committee, CIHTS
2008-2008 Education Secretary of Students Welfare Fund Committee, CIHTS
Dr. Tenzin Ghegay
(Vice-Principal, Specialized Studies)
The Dalai Lama Institute for Higher Education,
Bangalore,Sheshagrihalli Hejjala Post,
Mysore Road, Bangalore Urban,
Ramnagar Distt., Bengaluru-562109