The DLIHE believes in holistic education which focuses on developing the whole person by providing both academic and life skill programmes. Student on-campus job programme aims to make student independent and responsible citizens. The programme also focuses on inculcating leadership skills, team-building skills and gain valuable work experience.
The on-campus job is design to serve the following purposes:
- Support the educational programmes by providing students with opportunities to gain valuable work skills.
- Give students a means to finance their educational expenses.
- Provide the institute with additional staff for key operations.
- Provide opportunities for students to give back to the community.
- Allow students to develop important life skills and values such as self-responsibility, self-discipline, effective supervision, critical thinking, problem-solving and decision making skills.